17 January 2012

Inspired by Ancient Egyptian Hieroglyphic Forms


Oops forgot to press post on that last entry let's try for round two...


For my example of Graphic Design from the 21st Century that has been influenced/ inspired by ancient Egyptian hieroglyphic forms I found a clothing line.  The tee shirts feature images that are almost exactly the same as some of the older Egyptian characters along with some other more modern images.  The function of the clothing is to wear and make a statement to others.  I found my example while searching online for clothing with hieroglyphs on them.  The style of the graphic design is a bit strange because it mixes street art style along with the hieroglyphic forms which creates a nice mix of new and old.  I believe that the quality of the art work is perfect for the demographic because it is simple and not high maintenance.  The first thing that attracted me to this design was the simplicity.  This was followed by an interest in who the clothing is aimed at which I deduced to be teenaged males and maybe those who enjoy skateboarding which I find quite interesting.


This assignment was neat because I discovered that old is regularly mixed with new design when it comes to clothing.




Image from the website: http://sneakhype.com/clothing/2010/01/hieroglyphics-x-souls-of-mischief-x-adapt.html

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing Helen.
    Yes, interesting discoveries:-)
    Good job,
    Jackie

    ReplyDelete