7 February 2012

Are You Serious...

This week’s blog was to redesign the serious coffee logo in the style of a specific time period, I chose art nouveau.  I decided to include a simple line drawing of a woman’s face in my redesign because, through research, I found that this was a common element in many art nouveau designs.  I also chose to include a coffee cup adorned with the serious coffee bean that currently exists to make a connection between the two designs.  I chose to include the mug because the disposable coffee cups of today did not exist in the art nouveau period.   Another element that is reminiscent of art nouveau period is the circular format of the logo along with the embellished boarder.  This decorative element helps to balance out the intricate font that was popular in the era and add some interest to the design.  I had researched Edward Penfield in class, so his work, especially that with Harpers Bazar, inspired my logo redesign with the woman.  The audience for this logo includes people who are interested in design history and the different styles and eras, or if it were around during the era it would appeal to avid coffee and snack enthusiasts. 
Until the next post... 

2 comments:

  1. Well done Helen!! Thanks for the very appropriate and well thought out re-design:-) One Q: what is a snack enthusiast exactly:-)??
    Thanks Helen,
    J

    ReplyDelete
  2. A snack enthusiast is someone who enjoys snack foods, particularly the delicious ones found in such places as coffee shops and craft fairs :)

    (Not from any particular source just the definition in my mind)

    ReplyDelete